Yesterday was pretty hectic for me, I worked all day then had to do some errands after work and then we sat down to watch the Orange Bowl! It was a really great game to watch but the Buckeyes just couldn’t make the win happen.
This is really embarrassing but in college I would CRY if they lost!?! I’m so glad I don’t do that any more! 🙂
So a few months ago I wrote I was NOT going to be running the Disney Marathon. I was totally burnt out and I just didn’t want to deal with the long runs on the weekends <LAME>.
Well I am going to let you in on a little secret. I have been training for the marathon.
So what made me change my mind? A few things actually
1. I felt kinda lazy for signing up and then not doing it (I also spent an arm and a leg for the entry…) and I don’t think in a years time I would want to do the race and I would be mad at myself for not sticking with the training to begin with in 2013.
2. I have ran 1 marathon. B has ran 0. I am very competitive. Extremely competitive. So competitive that I could not have him run the race in 8 days and me not run the race… I know I am crazy!
3. I realized the more I just pushed through the runs I started to really enjoy myself and realized that I really did enjoy running the longer distances. This has always happened to me when I am a training for a race, but this time it really hit me that I love long distance more than I enjoy a 3 miler.
4. I needed some motivation. Working at a running I am always around running things and one night I just walked around the store and realized how much I love to run and how much I will love to say that I have ran 2 marathons!
So what are my goals for this race are you asking?
- Have fun. This is my number 1 goal. I didn’t train for this race as well as I did for my first and thus I know I will struggle a little bit. That is fine with me because I know that this is a fun race!
- I have actually had a lot of pain in my legs and knees through this training and have been doing a 3 mile run then walk for about 2 minutes. This has really helped in training and I will do this for the race as well.
- Take all the pictures and videos along the course as I want. If you have never ran a Disney race you would probably think that goal is silly. However, at a Disney race so much is going that you can’t help yourself from wanting to take pictures!
This post has a lot of list in it!
I guess what I wanted to share in this post is the fact that having a blog can put a lot of pressure on you to do a certain way. I mean I am sharing my life with the world and I don’t want to always report the bad, but for a few months, running was really, really sucky.
I was also super wishy-washy on what I was going to be doing for the marathon, and I just wanted to say that I was not going to run to relive that pressure. At the time of the post, I was NOT going to run, but literally after 2 minutes after I posted the post I decided that I was for sure going to run. I know I am crazy and confusing!
So in 8 days I am running the race! GAH!! AHH!!
Have your ever been under prepared for a race?
What are some of your tips?!