If you live in the in the Midwest you probably had some pretty extreme storms last night! We had 40 mph winds and crazy rain! This morning I woke up to the apartment complex looking like a tornado went through but the sunshine shinning brightly!
I hope you had a wonderful Halloween!
And I am totally surprised it is NOVEMBER 1ST! Where did the time go?!
This time of year does make me pretty excited though because it means the start of the holiday season! B and I are holiday FREAKS! We might have looked at Christmas trees already….
Anyways, with the holidays coming it will be late night shopping, parties to attend and lots of yummy food being cooked and baked just waiting to be devoured!
With this being said I thought I would share a super easy super healthy recipe that would be great for the holidays! This recipe was such a hit in our house that we fought over the last piece!
Drum roll please….
Almond Encrusted Tilapia with an AWESOME side salad!
- Tilapia 4-5 fillets (depending on size)
- Almond meal 1 1/4 cup
- 1 Egg
- Water 1 tbs.
- Brown sugar 2 tbs.
- Coconut oil 2 tbs.
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 425 degrees
- Make sure you pat the fish dry, I used frozen and then thawed and just patted the fish dry
- Place 1 cup of almond meal in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the egg and water into a separate bowl
- In the last bowl put the rest of the 1/4 of almond meal and brown sugar
- Next take your coconut oil and melt on the stove top with a little water
- Now it is time to utilize those bowls! Dunk in the almond meal, then the egg and finish it off in the brown sugar
- Once all of the fish has been dunked, brush some of the coconut oil on the top of the fish and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes
- While those are cooking away start to prep the salad
- 6-8 fresh romaine leaves
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato
- Gluten free raspberry dressing
- Chop up those leaves and tomato
- Add the cheese and raspberry dressing and some salt and pepper to taste
- And there you have it! The easiest freshest salad!
- Now pull that fish out of the oven and add a squeeze of the lemon pair it with the salad and you have a wonderful, delicious, healthy holiday meal!
Did you go trick-or-treating or did the storms hit you as well?
What are you looking most forward to this holiday season?