Do I have a great recipe for you this morning!
My goal this week was to make 3 new meals! Well last night was one of the new recipes!
The original recipe is from this site! Check out her blog it is AWESOME!
I changed a few things and added a few as well. If you are having fall weather in your area, this is a great soup to warm you up!
- 14.5 oz. diced tomato
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 20 mini carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pre chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of frozen organic turkey meatballs
- Add the canola oil and garlic to a large pot and let sweat for a few minutes
- Add the large onion and carrots to the pot, let the veggies soften while stirring occasionally
*At this point I also stuck a spaghetti squash in the oven to serve with the soup!*
- Once the veggies are soft add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, and meatballs. I also added all the seasonings and stirred really well! The smell is amazing just to let you know 🙂
- Bring the soup to a boil, cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes on medium high
And then this is when Elizabeth was so excited to try the soup she forgot to snap a picture! Yes that really happened. Let me tell you though, it was AWESOME! And B LOVED it! He even got thirds! We had enough for leftovers today so I can’t wait for lunch!
Have a wonderful day!