Let’s get right to it!
Workout Yesterday~ 30 minutes on the elliptical for 3.30 miles. 7 mile cycling in 28 minutes. Ab workout. I was ubber sore still from yesterdays Pure Barre class so I took it pretty light.
Todays Workout~ 4 mile run with 2 miles of speed intervals in 37 minutes (9:15). 50 squats, 30 push-ups, 15 pull-ups.
So now that we have the workout in let’s talk about the food I promised!
On Monday after the class I came home and B was starving! Thank goodness what I had on the menu was quick!
“Crispy” Chicken Tenders! These babies were yum-my! And I’m embarrassed to say that we ate all of them! I used this recipe but modified it a bit. We had them with a side of black beans and broccoli! And as always this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free!
2 pounds of chicken tenders (we had about 12 pieces)
2 tablespoons of mustard (you can use whatever kind you like)
2 cups of Corn Flakes
1. Set oven to 375 degrees. I bought frozen chicken tenders and just thawed them in the refrigerator all day and they worked out great!
2. Mix the two eggs and 2 tbs. of mustard together
3. Get out a large plate and place the corn flakes on the plate. I then used a cup to just smash them up so the flakes were not so big
4. Next, the fun part! Set up a work station, a. bowl of your chicken b. egg mixture c. corn flakes. (Make sure to use one hand for each step, this makes it less messy!)
5. Take a piece of chicken dip in the egg mixture, then roll in the corn flakes. Yes, it is that easy. I placed mine on a non-stick baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
What are some of your favorite ways to eat chicken?